- The DuraCoat System is the very latest in firearm finishing technology. No other commercially manufactured and packaged firearm finishing system offers the versatility, durability and user-friendly characteristics of DuraCoat.
- DuraCoat comes in over 250 standard colors plus Clear and can be blended to match any color of the spectrum. Packaged in matte and semi-gloss sheens. DuraCoat can be blended to any sheen level, and applied in a multitude of textures
- DuraCoat can be applied to ferrous metals, alloys, stainless steel, synthetics, wood, etc, etc. No preheating or baking is required.
- Duracoat is also available in four turnkey finishing kits designed to meet the needs of all levels of firearms finishers, from beginners to high volume gunsmiths to Military Armory’s.
- DuraCoat is available in an ever-growing line of CamoPaks with a variety of Peel 'N Spray Camo Templates providing a complete firearms camouflage system.
- DuraCoat is packaged in 4 ounce, 8 ounce, 16 ounce, 32 ounce, and 128 ounce sizes, and is supported by a battery of finishing equipment, coatings, and solutions.
Duracoat - Applications
- Hand guns to High powered rifles, Military weaponry, Howitzers to Tank barrels (DuraHeat), Telecommunication brackets and antennas, door jams in commercial buildings (powder coating scratches and chips), Armored vehicles gun ports, Defense industry weapons turrets, body housings of winches (powder coating scratches and chips),
Duracoat - Specifications
- Excellent physical and chemical performance
- Aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Ideal for the firearms industry, with resistance to most lubricants, cutting oils, and bore solvents
- Full gloss range available from flat to high gloss
- Unlimited color range
- Excellent hardness and adhesion
- Excellent impact, mar, and abrasion resistance
- Excellent water and chemical resistance
- Volume solids – 15-20% +/- 1%
- Film thickness can be varied from .25 to 1.5 mils dry
- Direct impact resistance – 160 in. lb.
- Reverse impact resistance – 160 in. lb.
- Salt Spray test – 500 hrs
- Pencil hardness – 6H
- Adhesion ASTM D3359-02 – 5B
- Taber Abrasion – 3000 cycles
- Heat Resistance – 600F
- To Touch: 20 min.
- To Handle: 60 min.
- Service: Overnight
- Force Dry: 30 min. at 180F or 1 hour at 110F
- All shelf life estimates start from the date you receive the product. Shelf life can be extended for all products by storing in a refrigerator or freezer
- DuraCoat: 1-2 years
- DuraCoat Hardener: 6 Months
- All other DuraCoat additives including Reducer, Quicken, Retarder: 1-2 years
DuraCoat for large number of weapons recoating or commercial use is supplied in 1-gallon containers. There are 227 available colors. Below are the most widely used upon request we can send color sample cards.
DuraCoat Aerosol Complete Kit DCAEK DuraCoat in an Aerosol Paint in a Can complete kit, includes 6 oz. TrueStrip and scrubbing pad. Unique Can-within-a-Can technology provides the hardener right inside of the can. No more measuring & mixing. Just release the hardener and shake. Provides protection against rust and corrosion. Improved Product - Lasts for up to 4 Weeks once activated. Ultra Flat Tactical colors are also available. 12 ounce can enough for 2-4 firearms, no baking or preheating required. Easiest way to try DuraCoat requires no additional equipment
DuraCoat Aerosol Paint Only DCAE DuraCoat in an Aerosol Paint only in a Can. Unique Can-within-a-Can technology provides the hardener right inside of the can. No more measuring & mixing. Just release the hardener and shake. Provides protection against rust and corrosion. Improved Product - Lasts for up to 4 Weeks once activated. Ultra-Flat Tactical colors are also available. 12 ounces can enough for 2-4 firearms, no baking or preheating required.